Shining Failures




I dreamt about my failures last night
lined them up
like tin cans on a fence
shining in the sunlight
gleaming
like a set of new pennies
there were so many of them
that my eye couldn’t
really take stock
of a beginning or ending to them
and as I watched them
still and gleaming
I thought about
my willingness to try again
the thought timid and slim
each time
so I packed away each failure
carefully placing a modicum
of success on top,
its shimmer
the last thing I see before I close the lid.

copyright/all rights reserved Audrey Howitt 2012

Comments

  1. Very powerful, Audrey. I can relate. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice write Audrey, I just love the tin cans on a fence imagery and the last few lines or so are just perfect. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant poem I love the idea of packing away your failures. I found your site through Redgages and just had to pop over to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ann--I love that failures don't rule us, but are a part of us--

      Delete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts--thank you for stopping by! I don't always reply here, but always try to reciprocate--so hang in there, I will be over to your blog in a jiffy!

Popular Posts